Friday, January 14, 2011

Octopus Table


We're on an octopus roll, it seems. Valerie sent a link to this piece on DeviantArt, the most inspired piece of the octopus trend I've seen.

The creator says:
The glass tabletop sits level on top of the legs. Welding the legs to hold the glass tabletop was a very rewarding and challenging process. I've certainly improved my TIG welding skills a lot because of my work on this octopus. An interesting thing about this sculpture is that the eyes are hand blown glass. In all the table weighs about 500 lbs which means we have put about $5,000 into building it. We estimate that we put around 1500 man hours into this project. If you are curious the table is still for sale.

5 comments:

Len said...

What an incredible table/sculpture. I love it.

Bill said...

This is absolutely stupendous!

C-2-5K Team said...

it has incredible life/movement/spirit/ energy

Cindy Coolsaet said...

Amazing piece of art!! Susan

Unknown said...

This is beautiful. I would love to have it in my home but will settle for letting my readers know about it at Tidal Life. Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin