Sunday, February 8, 2009

Lights from Lowe's

I was browsing lights in my local Lowe's hardware store this weekend, and I was really impressed with some of the new track lighting options -- and the prices couldn't be beat.
This one was my favorite -- the adjustability gives it a lot of potential. (Picture it stretched out a bit more, but still with a bit of zig-zag...) I'm trying to figure out if I could use it in the bathroom over double sink -- it will go 72 inches long at full stretch. At the store they had it mounted on the wall (instead of the ceiling as pictured here), with the lights adjusted downward. And, hey, it's only $119.

Not bad, $193.

My local store actually had another style I liked almost as much as the first, with levers for adjusting the actual lights, but I can't find it on the website.

What do you think? Would it be silly to put track lighting in a non traditional place? Where else could you put these?

3 comments:

mamacita said...

I'm discovering that lighting is The Hardest part of decorating.

Eileen said...

I love these lights. My dad has the top set in his kitchen (I think they're bright chrome though), of his 1920's farm house. They look great, but when they're all angled down, it leaves the the top of the room rather dark (it has 12-ft ceilings--what a problem to have!)

Unknown said...

I agree with your #1 pick. Very nice. And I'm thrilled that they are within my price range! We have a long hallway with some old, plastic track lights and I've been hoping to find a good replacement.

This looks like a perfect weekend project for next Sunday. Thanks for finding it.

-Jon

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin