Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Victorian Gothic Halloween

Someone pointed that I had been remiss in my Halloween posts this year, especially compared to last -- who could forget Steam Pumpkin -- but I did stumble across a lovely set of Gothic Victorian Party Decor on MyHomeIdeas.

I can't get enough of red velvet curtains -- but tying them back with a noose is innovative...

Modify portraits with lace masks, decorate old spools with black lace for candleholders, use tarnished silver for a bouquet...

The best use of apothecary jars I've seen -- to hold creepy crawlies...

Many more photos and how-tos here.

2 comments:

Tamara said...

That is great! While Victorian architecture and decor lends itself beautifully to a Halloween theme, some of the ideas featured could work in more modern settings.

I especially love the apothecary jars with the animals displayed.

Molly said...

Gorgeous! Hope you don't mind, I shared you on Pinterest. Love the blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin